HistoryLite

For amateur historians and trivia collectors everywhere

Name:
Location: Masterton, New Zealand

I survived school history despite the best efforts of the education system to bore me to death. Many years later, I discovered Treaties, dates, the movement of nations, are mere context. The fascination is in the details.

Friday, October 28, 2005

A small group of maritime enthusiasts and similar eccentrics met on Queens Wharf, near the Museum of Wellington, at noon yesterday to celebrate the birthday of Captain James Cook who was born on 27th October 1728.
There was a short speech in the man's honour, cannon were fired, and there was beer, lime juice and birthday cake for all. I have photographs and would like to show them to you but Blogger, in its wisdom, doesn't want to co-operate. I keep getting a non-specific error message and I'm too tired to argue. Maybe tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home