HistoryLite

For amateur historians and trivia collectors everywhere

Name:
Location: Masterton, New Zealand

I survived school history despite the best efforts of the education system to bore me to death. Many years later, I discovered Treaties, dates, the movement of nations, are mere context. The fascination is in the details.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

James Bruce, the 18th century adventurer, explorer, and British Consul to Algiers, was born this day in 1730.
Bruce claimed to have "discovered" the source of the Blue Nile, although some suspect he knew the 17th century Spanish missionary Padre Paez found it first. The Ethiopians, of course, knew it was there all the time.

1 Comments:

Blogger genesis said...

Hi There,

I was surfing the web today and I came across your website, and I was wondering why don't you submit your blog to the new zealand blog aggregator at www.iopblogs.com

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home