HistoryLite

For amateur historians and trivia collectors everywhere

Name:
Location: Masterton, New Zealand

I survived school history despite the best efforts of the education system to bore me to death. Many years later, I discovered Treaties, dates, the movement of nations, are mere context. The fascination is in the details.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

I'm not one for New Year Resolutions but, now that the holiday period is almost over, I resolve to post on a (semi) regular basis and not slack off so much. This prospect may excite you if you need to get a life, or fill you with complete disinterest.
I couldn't let today go by without noting that its the 105th anniversary of the Commonwealth of Australia. Happy birthday cobblers!
Today in 1901 the individual colonies of the "Lucky Country" became states under a federal system of government. There was a suggestion that New Zealand should join the club but the offer was declined. Don't expect me to comment on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home